The AM Luxury has an exciting vacancy of an experienced Butler. The successful incumbent will be responsible Serving food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests and Also provide a courteous, professional, efficient, flexible and personalized service at all times. Always well groomed, clean, pleasant and creating renowned memorable experiences for the guests.
Duties and responsibilities
- Taking care of all VIP suite room guests and coordinate with all concerned departments to fulfill guest needs and requests.
- Be fully aware of the Room Service and other outlets menu, answers questions on menu selections, communicates with the kitchen regarding menu questions and product availability.
- Keep concerned departments informed about the guest allergies and food preferences.
- Updating the Guest house software with guest preference, likes and dislikes on to the guest profile section.
- Following all the guest needs until they are completed to the total guest satisfaction.
- Welcoming the VIP guest at porte cochere and other guests availing butler service.
- Serving welcome drinks and escorts the guests to their assigned rooms.
- Conducting the in room check-in process in a fast and efficient manner, following all the standards and also liaising with bellmen for luggage delivery.
- Knowledge of using the point of sale software, Property management software and any other system or software to perform the duties.
- Be able to perform software operations like check-ins / check-outs, update profile, room reservations, requests, apply payment, verify and adjust billing, activate room keys, process check-out etc. on the Guest house software.
- Recording transactions and order items in Point of sales (POS) system.
- Updating guest feedback and comments on to the GSTS or RSTS system.
- Helping monitoring the stock inventory and to follow up on pending issues with the tracking system and store requisition forms.
- Checking in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Informing housekeeping department the time desired for the daily cleaning and turn-down service.
- Be fully conversant with accommodation features: lay-out, room type, location, decor, in room facilities and equipment.
- Be fully aware of operating procedures for all electrical and electronic equipment in the guest room.
- Serving the guests in a calm, discrete and courteous manner, respecting timing standards.
- Supporting the other departments such as Front Desk, Housekeeping and Room service with their duties.
- Picking-up trays and cleaning tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area.
- Maintaining cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
- Performing all his/her duties with the sense of priority and dedication.
- Hosting and welcoming all guests in a gracious and polite manner, and to have the ability to hold a conversation with the guest in a natural and spontaneous manner.
- Carrying out checkout in efficient manner, offering luggage assistance and transportation.
- Wishing fond farewell to the guest at the time of departure.
- Taking notes of all the information, updates and instruction and giving proper handover before signing off from the shift.
- Understanding and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations of the Company and the Guest house’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Attending and contribute to all meetings, Departmental and Guest house training as scheduled and other related activities.
- Carrying out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned out of the list.
- Must have Matric/ equivalent
- Diploma/Cert in Hospitality /Tourism
- Computer Literacy
- Minimum 2 years in a similar role
- At least 3 years experience in the hospitality/ or tourism industry
- Game reserve/ safari and wildlife knowledge and exposure
- Client engagement
- Presentation skills
- Public speaking
- Customer relations management
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
Good leadership skills
Written, Verbal and presentation skills
Competent in problem solving
Able to work long hours and weekends
Be able to work under pressure
Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
(For any enquiries, please contact Hilaria Nkhwashu or Paisley Mthombeni on 011 205 0182 / 0769415613)