The AM Lodge has an exciting vacancy for General Maintenance. The position entails performing general maintenance and repairs for assigned equipment and facilities including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems.
Duties and responsibilities
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Troubleshoots issues to determine necessary repairs.
- Plans repair work using building blueprints or equipment manual as needed.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance on building systems.
- Cleans and assists with the upkeep of the facilities.
- Orders supplies and materials needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- On-the-job training offered
- First Aid level 1,2 &3
- Minimum 2 -3 years of related experience preferred in a 5-star lodge or Big 5 reserve within a similar lodge environment,
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
- Knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent command of English, spoken and written.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Team Player, but must be able to work independently where required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have stamina & manual dexterity and great attention to detail
- Must be an Innovative and constructive thinker
- Must be pro-active and show initiative and punctuality
- Must have an ability to work under pressure
- Be able to resolve problems
Applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com by 01 August 2022 (For any inquiries, please contact HR on 011 205 0182).