The AM Lodge has an exciting vacancy for a Gardner. The position entails performing full gardening services and maintenance and understanding the pool pump and filter workings to maintain the property efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing small maintenance required in and around the home.
- Tending to the garden, lawn, flowerbeds, potted plants, trees, patios, drive, and surrounding areas.
- Pool maintenance, and an understanding of the pool pump and filter workings.
- Paved area sweeping and edge trimming.
- Weeding of paved area, lawn, and flowerbeds.
- Hedge maintenance, trimming, and shaping.
- Lawn maintenance, edges, and watering schedule with water wastage a priority.
- Keeping to the watering schedule and setting a routine for the maintenance of the garden.
- Understanding of potting methods and watering requirements for different potted plants.
- Understanding of pesticides and weeding chemicals, with the ability to understand the usage.
- Knowledge of plant food & scheduling of feeding and watering requirements.
- Ability to follow instructions on new flowerbed preparation and design.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all property walls.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all patio furniture, outside furniture and accessories.
- Cleaning and maintenance of all gardening equipment and tools.
- Ability and experience in pruning roses, fruit trees and shrubs in accordance with seasonal requirements
- Experience in the re-potting and re-planting of removed trees.
- General houseman duties within the home, housekeeping, and general assistance with cooking and laundry
- Skilled and experienced in all-rounder ability inside and outside the home.
- Ability and references for using own initiative in an unsupervised position.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- First Aid level 1,2 &3
- Must have 3 years’ experience working as a Gardener/Houseman in a private residence
- Fluent with English
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
• Team Player, but must be able to work independently where required
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills
• Must have manual dexterity and great attention to detail
• Must be an Innovative and constructive thinker
• Must be pro-active and show initiative and punctuality
• Must have sound proven report writing skills
• Must have an ability to work under pressure
• Be able to resolve problems
Applications must be submitted by email to email@example.com by 01 August 2022.
(For any inquiries, please contact Hilaria or Paisley Mthombeni on 011 205 0182)