The AM Lodge has an exciting vacancy for a Kitchen Assistant. The position entails cleaning of the refrigerators, tables, utensils, cabinets, and other items used in the kitchen for food preparation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately
- Sorting, storing, and distributing ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting, and cooking food and helping to prepare salads and desserts
- Disposing of garbage
- Organizing linen laundry
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors, and other kitchen tools or areas
- Plating Food
- Assist in serving guests within AM Lodge facilities
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- On-the-job training offered
- First Aid level 1,2 &3
- Minimum 2 -3 years of proven experience as a Cleaner or Housekeeper in a 5-star lodge or Big 5 reserve within a similar lodge environment.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Team Player, but must be able to work independently where required
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have stamina & manual dexterity and great attention to detail
- Must be customer-oriented and friendly
- Must be able to prioritize and have time management skills
- Must be able to work quickly without compromising quality
- Must have an ability to work under pressure
- Be able to resolve problems
Applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 01 August 2022 (For any inquiries, please contact HR on 011 205 0182).